Hello again Dallas! Important Update: All of you, as readers, have made the Dallas Daily such a success that I am honored to announce the next phase of the newsletter. The fix is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to lead the Dallas Daily. While I loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Dallas for the long term. So if you want to earn extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and warmer. High: 63 Low: 39.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach Dallas customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Dallas:
- The Dallas Police Department reports that a woman has died following an accident at 8700 Clark Road. The victim is said to have been crossing the street after leaving Walmart with a shopping cart full of items when hit by a Ford Focus. Authorities are currently investigating the accident. (NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth)
- A new traveling exhibit at the African American Museum in Dallas highlights the contributions of black inventors. The exhibit, titled “African American Pioneers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Mathematics” will be at the museum until March 19, 2022. More than 160 inventions are on display at the exhibition, such as the traffic light and contributions to the COVID-19 vaccine. (NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth)
- Researchers at the University of Texas at Dallas have developed an innovative terahertz imager chip that will allow devices to detect hard-to-see images. The new technology will allow systems to navigate in hazardous environments. The advancement is the accumulation of more than 15 years of work for Dr. Kenneth K. O and his team. (Press Release Office)
From our sponsor:
Today Dallas Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez Loan Officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)f197
- Dallas Fire-Rescue teams responded to a structure fire at 9000 avenue de Metz on Sunday. (Twitter)
- The Dallas Police Department honors the legacy of Constable Gary D. McCarthy, died in an armed robbery 34 years ago. (Facebook)
- The Black Business Owners Market has been postponed to March 5 due to weather problems. (Twitter)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Dallas Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Put your local business in front of readers
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and editor with a degree in media, culture and communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, managing editor and editorial director for various B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and manages content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.