Hello Bedford! Let’s start today on an enlightened note.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A very hot day. Top: 88. Bottom: 59.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Injured in a car accident? Ryan Cooper is a local attorney at Fielding Law, a client-focused law firm specializing in personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, trips and falls, and dog bites. Ryan was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers and has a perfect 10/10 rating on Avvo.com. He is easy to talk to, passionate and ready to fight for you. You deserve the best in Orange County — contact Ryan today.
Here are the top stories from Orange County today:
- Irvine City Leaders are considering new parking rules who do easier for street sweepers to remove dirt and debris from the streets of Irvine. The law includes a possible fine of $44 for cars parked on streets that are difficult for street sweepers to clean, city officials said. The change is seen as posting temporary “no parking” signs for street cleaning was not so effective or effective, city officials noted. Roads likely to be impacted would be determined by the city’s Transportation Commission. You can read more about this story here: (CO register)
- A cry to juniors and seniors nominated for artistic excellence by art teachers and private art teachers for the Artist of the year 2022 program. the 646 high school students were selected from 72 high schools in Orange County and arts organizations. Categories included theatre, dance, film, vocal music, instrumental music, computer visual arts, and craft visual arts. Ssemi-finalists will be announced on April 24. You can read the full story here: (CO register)
- If you ride a horse, you might be interested to know that there is a new riding track in Temecula Valley Wine Country. The new event, intended for equestrian riders, was created to replace driving along busy Portola Road, said a press release. The Critical Horse Trail improves safety and connects to other paths, says Lorraine Harringtonboard member of Temecula Valley Rural Lifestyles, Inc. You can read the full story here: (Press-Company)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
Today in Orange County:
- Blood Drive (Events) – Los Amigos High. (7:30 a.m.)
- City Council Appreciation Breakfast – Orange Chamber of Commerce. (7:45 am)
- Resume Review: Onsite – Anaheim Workforce Connection. (9 am)
- SBDC – Small Business Administration (SBA) Procurement Series. (9 am)
- Main Street Branch Family Storytime – Huntington Beach Public Library. (10am)
From my notebook:
- Orange County German Shepherd Rescue: “Great news to start your week. Our very own Leilani has been adopted!” (Facebook)
- Orange County Pit Bull Rescue: “Slater is almost 2 years old, he’s pretty small and weighs around 45-50 lbs, he loves dogs, loves people, loves snuggling with humans and dogs.” (Facebook)
- Orange County Rescue Mission: “These amazing quilts were donated by the Beach Cities Quilters Guild, who regularly donate quilts and pillowcases to our students. We are so grateful!” (Facebook)
- Orange County Philharmonic Society: “Closing the 20th anniversary of the Laguna Beach Music Festival with a unique musical experience, Chris Thile is joined by singer and flautist Nathalie Joachim…” (Facebook)
- YMCA OF ORANGE COUNTY: “Swimming is a life skill, great exercise, and a challenging sport. Many of our Orange County YMCA branches offer swimming lessons for preschoolers, youth, and adults, as well as competitive swim leagues.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Golf in Germany, France, Holland, etc. on a luxury river cruise – short live webinar (March 23)
- Social Security Seminar 23/3 & 24/3 (March 23)
- Social security seminar on 29/3 and 31/3 (March 29)
- Add your event
Do you like the Orange County Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Please follow and stay informed. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
— Paula Constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I am engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place. One of my favorite jobs? Working with Imagineering for The Walt Disney Company.