NEW YORK, September 21, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Prince harry and Meghan, La Duke and the Duchess of Sussex, will join Citizen of the World Live on the great lawn of Central Park at New York City to September 25 to continue their work with world leaders in the pursuit of global equity in vaccines, an international advocacy organization has announced Global citizen. Also appearing as part of the global broadcast event are the United Nations Under-Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, Director General of the World Health Organization Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Executive Director of the World Food Program David Beasley, Director of education can’t wait Yasmine Sheriff, Vivek Maru CEO of Namati, President-elect of Rotary Jennifer jones, champion and defender of the SDGs Eddie Ndopu, President of the Ford Foundation Darren walker, Chairman of the Steering Committee of the Paris Peace Forum Trisha shetty, President and CEO of the Hip Hop Caucus Tower. Lennox Yearwood Jr., UN Next Generation Fellow Valerie Colunga, lawyer Eunice Akoth and more.
Citizen of the World Live is part of the unique day of unity across seven continents, which will be broadcast for 24 hours worldwide on Apple Music, Apple TV app, Youtube and Twitter. Citizen of the World Live will also be broadcast on ABC, ABC News Live, iHeartRadio, Hulu, The Roku Channel, FX and TIME in United States, BBC in the UK, Caracol in Colombia, Channel 9 in Australia, MagentaTV and MagentaMusik 360 in Germany, Mediacorp in Singapore, Multiple choice in Africa, Multishow & Bis in Brazil , S3 to SABC in South Africa, AIM Group in Nigeria, Sky & TV8 in Italy, TF1 / TMC in France and Aztec television in Mexico, and more to come. You can find details on where and when to watch at www.globalcitizenlive.org.
The unique day of world unity will require:
- G7 and EU will immediately share at least one billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine with those who need it most, support proposal to forgo intellectual property around production of COVID-19 vaccines and others medical tools – supported by more than 100 countries – and for Pfizer, BioNTech and Moderna will share mRNA technology with the new WHO-supported mRNA technology transfer center based in South Africa.
- The richest nations keep their pledge to give $ 100 billion every year to meet the climate needs of developing countries. Alone Germany, Norway and Sweden have paid their fair share. The largest deficit in absolute terms is that of the United States, which provides less funding than France, Germany, Japan or the UK – although its economy is greater than all the others combined.
- U.S. citizens must contact their representatives to push for the passage of the largest climate protection bill in American history to put the United States on the right track to at least halve its emissions. ‘by 2030. Congress plans to vote on the bill the week of September 27.
- Companies will help cut emissions by joining Race to Zero and pledging an additional 1 billion trees by 2022 in support of 1t.org’s ambition to conserve, restore and grow a trillion trees this decade.
- The G7 and the world’s billionaires to end the hunger crisis by contributing at least $ 6 billion for the urgent supply of millions of meals to the 41 million people on the brink of famine.
Citizen of the World Live is supported by a coalition of companies, including Global Partners: Accent, Cisco, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Google, live Nation, P&G, Selling power, Verizon, and campaign partners Hilton, WW International, and Global technology which will mobilize the support of the private sector in driving new commitments towards the political objectives of the campaign. Access bank is a Citizen of the World Live campaign partner in Nigeria.
The campaign co-chairs include: Chuck robbins, Cisco CEO; Jane fraser, CEO of Citi; James quincey, Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company; Ed Bastien, CEO of Delta Air Lines; Lorraine Twohill, Google Marketing Director; Michel rapino, CEO of Live Nation; Marc Pritchard, P&G CBO; Marc Benioff, President and CEO of Salesforce; Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO of Verizon; and Mindy Grossman, CEO of WW International.
Executive producers of the Global Citizen Live campaign include: Michele Antoine for UMG, Francine Katsoudas, Tina kennedy, Eric ortner, Guy Oséary, Michel rapino for Live Nation, Brian N. Sheth, Wassim “Sal” Slaby and Chris Stadler.
The program will be produced by Jane Y. Mun, with producer partners Deviants Media, Diversified Production Services, Done and Dusted Productions, Ken Ehrlich Productions, Live Nation, Livewire Pictures, TMPL Motion Pictures and U-Live (a UMG Nigeria company).
Global Citizen is grateful for the support of incredible organizations championing impact, including: 1t.org, American Forests, The Asia Society, Ban Ki Moon Center, Center for Environmental Peacebuilding, Climate Neutral, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation, Conservation International, COVID -19 Therapeutics Accelerator, Education Cannot Wait, Fundación Azteca, GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, Global Solidarity Fund, Green Climate Fund, Global Polio Eradication Initiative, Global Financing Facility for Women, Children and Adolescents, International Fund for Agricultural Development, International Rescue Committee, LISC, Namati, Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF), One Acre Fund, Outright Action International, Paris Peace Forum, The Pathfinders, Re: Wild, Rotary International, Seadream Family Foundation, Sheth Sangreal Foundation, Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO), Slum2School Africa, South African Education Project, The Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, The Global Fund (to Fight TB, AIDS, Malaria), UNICEF, UNICEF Australia, UNITAID, UNFPA, Women at Risk International Foundation (WARIF), World Food Program, Global Health Organization, Foundation of the World Health Organization.
Citizen of the World Live has received in-kind support from leading media companies including: AIM Group, Bandsintown, BellaNaija, Branded Cities, Brut Media, Captivate, Clear Channel Outdoor, Curb Media, Digital Mobile Media, Evergreen Trading, Forbes, GSTV, iHeartRadio , Interstate Outdoor, Jack Agency, JCDecaux Nigeria, Mass Media, Newscentral TV, Nigeria Info, Outfront Media, Penske Media, Seen Media, Six Flags Theme Parks, The New York Times, Vanguard Media, Wazobia FM and Wazobia Max TV.
To learn more about the Citizen of the World Live events on September 25 and for health and safety information, please visit GlobalCitizenLive.org. *All Citizen of the World Live events often meet and exceed the latest COVID-19 protocols.
For more information on Global Citizen Live, visit www.globalcitizen.org, and follow @glblctzn on Instagram, TIC Tac, Twitter and YouTube.
Global Citizen Surveys: [email protected]
Media inquiries: Sun Sachs on behalf of Global Citizen, [email protected]
SOURCE Citizen of the world