Built by one of the Gurney brothers in 1900, “The Gurney House” is a real stunner. Listed at $ 999,900, 312 Summer Street is a The 7,000 square foot brick mansion has an interesting history, in that it is allegedly the inspiration for playwright AR Gurney, who was born and raised in Buffalo.
âThe story goes that Buffalo-born, Pulitzer-nominated playwright AR Gurney took inspiration from a few of his plays (Cocktail Hour, Dining Room) while listening to adults talk while he was here. “said the current owner of the house. âBefore buying it, the previous owner had done a terrific job restoring the house, which was once divided into five units. Aside from the 5,000 square foot owner’s unit, there are two very nice rental units on the third floor – people can’t believe how kind they are for rentals. It certainly helps to have these units as additional rental income. One of the units was once the mansion’s ballroom (or game room), with a lovely fireplace. The other was the lodgings of a great servant. Much of the original charm of this mansion has been preserved and / or restored. I think it’s a good deal at $ 157 per square foot.
The Zillow List has the following amenities:
- The 5,000 sq. Ft. Homeowners unit has 10 1/2 sq. Ft. Ceilings
- 7 fireplaces
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 1/2 bathrooms
- 2 home offices
- An exercise room surrounded by beautiful stained glass windows with sliding patio doors leading to a second-floor balcony
- Chef’s kitchen, equipped with a 6-burner Wolf range, quartz countertops, integrated Sub-Zero refrigerator and direct access to the living room and large aft deck – perfect for entertaining
- Hardwood and tile floors throughout
- Beautiful woodwork and wood moldings, many stained glass windows
- Balcony on the 2nd floor overlooking a beautifully landscaped and fully fenced backyard
The third floor of the house has two beautifully updated apartments, for additional income.
The property’s location is also ideal due to its proximity to Allentown, The Elmwood Village and the ever impressive 5 Points neighborhood. There is an excellent market factor.
Login: Towne Housing Real Estate | www.zillow.com